Canal boat Moorings at Cholmondeston near Nantwich
If you're looking for somewhere to moor your narrow boat around north-west England, it’s worth taking a look at Venetian Marina in Cheshire.
As well as offering narrow boats for sale, we’ve got moorings for around 150 boats at our site in Cholmondeston, near Nantwich in Cheshire. View our site layout plan for more details.
Each pontoon has its own lighting, water and electric. We aim to try and offer every narrowboat we sell a temporary mooring space. We may also be able to offer you a longer or more permanent mooring dependant on availability. Please enquire at the time of purchase.
We’re proud to have lots of regular customers mooring at Venetian Marina. Many of our narrow boat moorings have been let for five years or more and we value this business. But there are still places available, so if you need somewhere to moor your narrow boat, why not bear us in mind?
Why moor at Venetian Marina?
People tell us that the biggest benefits of mooring with us are:
- Payment options – We take payments in advance either annually or quarterly to suit you. We can accept payment by card, cheque, cash, standing order or bank transfer.
- Facilities – Since December 2011 we have invested in improving the marina's facilities. Take a look at the improvement plans page for more information. We have a designated sales basin with state of the art galvanised piers with non-slip decking on the top.If you moor with us we offer free WIFI, a laundry area, dedicated moorers toilet and shower facilities plus the electric, lighting and water is installed on all of the piers. We also have the following businesses run independently and located on site, Venetian Tea Rooms, Narrowboat Glass & Venetian Chandlery & Hire Boats.
- Location – Our marina is in a beautiful part of the country, within easy reach of Liverpool, Chester, Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester and the north of England via the M6. There are excellent road and rail links a short taxi ride away and a bus service to Chester if you want to get out and about.
- Canal system – We’ve got amazing access to the network. Turn one way out of our marina to go to Middlewich (and on to the Trent and Mersey Canal); whilst the opposite direction offers a convenient route to the Shropshire Union Canal and Llangollen Canal.
- Flexibility - You can moor for a week, month, quarterly or yearly. As long as we are given some notice as to when you may want to leave. This gives you great flexibility to go cruising on many cruising rings that are easy to get to from Venetian Marina!
Venetian Mooring Charges
There is a 55ft minimum charge for all moorings. All of our piers our 60ft in length but we do have limited availability for boats up to 70ft.
Subject to availability at an additional charge
Council Tax Valuation Band A charges may apply.
Temporary and Short Term Moorings
Please enquire for availability.
All prices include VAT at 20%
If you’re in Liverpool, Chester, Stoke-on-Trent – or indeed, anywhere in North-West England - why not contact us and pop along for a chat with our friendly team?
As well as our marina moorings we also have a handful of leisure moorings available which are on the canal front above Cholmondeston Lock. These moorings do not have electric hook up but there is a CRT water point close by.