Narrowboat Moorings on the Shropshire Union Canal
Canal boat Moorings at Cholmondeston near Nantwich
If you're looking for somewhere to moor your narrow boat in the north-west England, it’s worth taking a look at Venetian Marina in Cheshire.
As well as offering narrow boats for sale, we’ve got moorings for around 150 boats at our site in Cholmondeston, near Nantwich in Cheshire. View our site layout plan for more details.
Each pontoon has its own lighting, water and electric. We aim to try and offer every narrowboat we sell a temporary mooring space. We may also be able to offer you a longer or more permanent mooring dependant on availability. Please enquire at the time of purchase.
We’re proud to have lots of regular customers mooring at Venetian Marina. Many of our narrow boat moorings have been let for five years or more and we value this business. But there are still places available, so if you need somewhere to moor your narrow boat, why not bear us in mind?
Why moor at Venetian Marina?
People tell us that the biggest benefits of mooring with us are:
- Payment options – you can either pay for your yearly mooring upfront or quarterly (you can pay by card, cheque, cash, standing order and bank transfer).
- Facilities – Since December 2011 we have set about investing in improving the marina's facilities. Take a look at the improvement plans page for more information. We now have a café, chandlery, hire boats, sales basin, state of the art galvanised piers with non-slip decking on the top, WIFI, laundry area, dedicated moorers toilet and shower facilities. The electric, lighting and water is installed on all of the piers.
- Location – Our marina is in a beautiful part of the country, within easy reach of Liverpool, Chester, Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester and the north of England via the M6.There are also good road and rail links and a bus service to Chester if you want to get out and about.
- Canal system – We’ve got amazing access to the network. Turn one way out of our marina to go to Middlewich (and on to the Trent and Mersey Canal); whilst the opposite direction offers a convenient route to the Shropshire Union Canal and Llangollen Canal.
- Flexibility - You can moor for a week, month, quarterly or yearly. As long as we are given some notice as to when you may want to leave. This gives you great flexibility to go cruising on many cruising rings that are easy to get to from Venetian Marina!
Mooring Charges from 1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018
- Leisure Moorings up to 60ft
From £2,120 - £2,544 per annum
From £552.50 - £662.50 per quarter
Note: Prices are per foot starting from 50ft (Min charge) and going up to 60ft. If you commit to a years mooring with us you get the best discount.
There is a surcharge of £150 extra per quarter.
Council Tax Valuation Band A charges may apply.
- Temporary and Short Term Moorings
Please enquire for availability. £80 per week (min charge) or £295 per month.
- All prices include VAT at 20%
If you’re in Liverpool, Chester, Stoke-on-Trent – or indeed, anywhere in North-West England - why not contact us and pop along for a chat with our friendly team?