If you love narrow boats or want to buy or sell a boat, the good news is that the 2012 Crick Boat Show is just a few days away!
One of the highlights of the internal waterways boating calendar, this event attracts thousands of boating enthusiasts to Northamptonshire every year.
This year’s event starts at 10.00am on Saturday 2 June 2012 and is then open daily until 5.00pm on Tuesday 5 June. There’s so much to do – here’s a little taster for what’s on offer:
• Musical entertainment from Bill Bailey Jazz Band and Con and Dec from The Batchelors
• Traditional and modern folk classics from Isla St Clair
• Developing a British Waterways ‘memory wall’ where you can record your thoughts about volunteering on the network
• A show village with land-based boat display, plus floating boats that you can view to get an idea of waterways life
• Half-hour canal trips, with boats leaving the marina every 15 minutes or so
• Face painting, Punch and Judy, helter-skelter rides and a traditional steam-powered Carousel for children of all ages
• A food court with lots of food and drink options, including carvery, fish and chips, noodles, BBQ, burgers, baguettes and paninis, ice cream, strawberries and cream and more
• An evening ‘haunted tour’ around the village of Crick.
If you’re thinking of heading to the show, you might want to order your tickets from the official website in advance. You can save up to 25 per cent off the cost of your ticket if you buy upfront.
Show up and meet us!
The Venetian Marina team and our colleagues at Whilton Marina and Cosgrove Park are very excited to be attending the Crick Boat Show. So if you’re heading over to the event, please do come and say hello to us.
You can find us in the Kingfisher Stand (KF11 to KF18) across the Bank Holiday weekend, from 10.00am to 6.00pm. All of the boats for sale across our companies will be on display. We’ve also got some special surprises in store, including:
• Free giveaways for people attending the show
• Special promotions that only apply to people attending the event
• A children’s area, with lovely signage designed by local schoolchildren
• Your chance to win some fantastic prizes in our competition, including chandlery vouchers and a one-year subscription to top narrow boat publications Waterways World and Towpath Talk.
And of course, if you have any questions about narrow boating or want expert advice without any pushy salespeople breathing down your neck, we’ll be happy to help when you’re ready to talk.
Hope to see you there