New and Used Narrow boat advice
Venetian marina is proud to announce that at our open day
on the 14th April 2013
we have industry experts on hand to answer your narrow boat questions.
This FREE open day
is taking place on the 14th April 2013 at Venetian marinas own marina. You will be able to meet the Venetian team as well as some of the team who work at their sister company Whilton marina in Northamptonshire.
If you want to moor for the visit you can do it’s: £65 weekly or £10 daily for 50ft and for 70ft it’s £70 weekly and £11 daily. Minimum of one weekly charge for temp moorings. Alternatively you can always moor on the canal tow path and walk over the bridge :-)
This is a great chance to mix with other boaters and view the improvements we have made to the marina since we purchased it on the 1st December 2011. These improvements include:
- We have re-piled most of the marina's water edge.
- We have taken out two thirds of the old wooden piers
- We have fully completed the narrowboat sales area piers, with electric and water.
- We have completed about two thirds of the pier replacement work, replacing the old piers with galvanised framework and a nonslip decking walkway.
- We have started to install a new water system.
- We have dredged part of the marina.
- We have started to replace the tarmac walkway around the marina.
- We have also purchased a small part of a joining land for future expansion.
- We have refurbished the chandlery building and the chandlery is due to open on the 11th March.
- We have created a new office arrangement in part of the old chandlery building. This is due to be finished by the end of March 2013. We will then move from our current office space to our new offices.
- We are in the process of creating new toilet, shower and laundry facilities in part of the chandlery building. These are due to be finished by the end of April 2013.
Chris Williams will be on hand to talk to you about boat safety, he is trained as a professional Small Craft Surveyor, Boat Safety Examiner and Gas Safe Registered Marine Gas Engineer.
Russell Smith is also a Boat Safety Examiner and a member of the Northern Connection Band who will be on site entertaining us with their Bluegrass, Country, Folk , Rockabilly and modern covers with a twist style of music.
Daulby Read will also attend providing independent professional advice and arranging appropriate insurance cover at competitive premiums.
For any one visiting in a wheelchair you will be able to get around, but unfortunately you won’t be able to get down the pontoons to the boats in your chair. For pet owners your dogs are more than welcome, but they must be kept on a lead and won’t be allowed inside the brokerage boats.