Business Expansion at Venetian Marina
Marina Improvement Update
Since Whilton Marina Ltd purchased Venetian Marine (Nantwich) Ltd on the 1st December 2011. We have done quite a few things to improve Venetian Marina's infrastructure. These are as follows:
- We have re-piled all of the marina's water edge.
- We have taken out all of the old wooden piers.
- We have fully completed the narrow boat sales area piers, with electric and water.
- We have replaced all of the old piers, replacing the old piers with galvanised framework and a non slip decking walkway.
- We have installed a new water system with better water pressure.
- We have dredged part of the marina.
- We have resurfaced the walkway around the marina.
- We have installed Wi-Fi in the marina which is for all mooring customers.
- We have created a new office arrangement in part of the old chandlery building. This was completed at the end of April 2013 and we have now moved in to our new office.
- We have established a narrowboat sales basin with over 30 narrowboats for sale.
- We have created new toilets, shower and laundry facilities. These are now fully functional and can be used by our mooring customers.
- We have moved our engineering services in house, so we can carry out work on your canal boat.
- We have also purchased a small part of adjoining land for future expansion.
- We have refurbished the chandlery building and it has now been let to Phil and Maxine Roberts of Venetian Hire Boats and Chandlery. They have a selection of chandlery and food goods for sale as well as offering several canal boats for hire.
- We have refurbished and licensed out the café to Andrea Nixon of Venetian Tea Rooms
- We had an open day on the 14th of April 2013 and the Major and Mayoress of Cheshire East attended. At the open day we showcased our new facilities, narrowboats that we had for sale and a chance for people to meet the new team.
- We have replaced all of the brown signs directing you to Venetian Marina
- Let out the old marina office to Narrowboat Glass
- Installed a bike rack on the moorers carpark
- Removed the old moorers toilet/shower block
- Laid new stone on the mooring carpark
- Removed the old wooden gate and replaced with a coded barrier in increase security
On top of the infrastructure improvements that we have made, you can now buy or sell your used or new narrowboat (for cash or on brokerage) at Venetian Marina as we have a fully operational sales team. If you would like more information about our narrowboat sales please contact us on 01270 528251 or see the 'sell your boat' section of our website where you can fill in our online form and we will do the rest.
Future Plans at Venetian Marina:
- We will continue to establish our canal boat sales basin.
To see what the finished result of the new piers looks like, you can view the site layout drawing or even see our progress made on our youtube channel by clicking on our youtube button on the left on this page.
Special mooring rights for narrow boat purchasers.
Anyone who buys a boat through us is currently guaranteed the right to moor at Venetian Marina (Terms and conditions apply. Please contact the marina sales office for more information).
Below is the site layout plan for Venetian Marina. If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.